1. After reading “The North Star”, make a list of ten or so influences, interests, passions, and things that are especially important to you or inspire you. (hint: These will be nouns!)
2. For each item on your list, draw a circle on the front of your portfolio. Make your circles in a variety of sizes (from 1/4? to about 1?) and in random placement. Make one circle larger than all the others.
3. Next, turn your circles into stars by adding long points both vertically and horizontally. In between each of these points add a shorter diagonal point. Then erase your circles.
4. Outline your stars with a black UF Sharpie and erase any other pencil lines that are still showing.
5. Inside each star, use your UF Sharpie to write one of your ten influences, passions, etc. Write the one that is most important to you in the biggest star (your “North Star”).
6. Then, color your stars with a yellow marker.
7. Finally, use your yellow marker and a ruler to connect your stars, making your very own personal constellation!