- White construction paper (can be very small – my example here is 4 1/2” x 6”)
- Blue painter’s tape or drafting tape
- Oil pastels
- Nail for scratching
- Baby wipes for clean-up
- Tape the edges of your paper using a low-tack tape that won’t tear your paper when you remove it. This will give a crisp, white border around your finished work.
- Cover your paper with bright colors (no black), pressing hard and not leaving any white paper showing (no need to layer colors as only the color touching the paper will show).
- Cover this with a thick layer of solid black.
- Scratch out your design using a nail. Use as many different types of lines as you can think of.
- Wash your hands before removing the tape for a nice, clean edge!
“Fish Magic” by Paul Klee