- Brown paper grocery bags, cut apart to approx. 12x14
- Pencil and eraser
- Black “F” Sharpie
- Crayola Water-based markers
- White tempera paint
- Fine point paint brush, about a size “2”
1. Use pencil to draw some fanciful birds, flowers, or animals on your paper. Add a decorative border along one edge, if you want.
2. Then, trace over your pencil lines with Sharpie.
3. Next, crinkle your paper, smooth it out, and repeat until you have an even, “crumpled” texture. (Flatten your paper by placing under heavy books overnight or press with a dry iron.)
4. Now, color your design with markers. Make sure you leave some of the brown paper background showing!
5. Finally, add small dots of white paint with a fine point brush around some areas of your design to make them “pop”.