- leaves, pressed in a book until flat and dry
- YES! Paste
- stiff brush or popsicle stick for applying paste
- 5” x 8” index card, unlined
- black ball point pen
- 7” x 7” copy paper (for envelope)
- At least a week before you do this project, gather some leaves and press them in a phone book or under a stack of heavy books.
- When your leaves are flat and dry, cut them with scissors (like you would paper) into whatever shapes you need to create a scene from everyday life or from your imagination.
- Use YES! Paste to glue these shapes onto a folded 5” x 8” card. (YES! Paste will hold much better over time than a glue stick will, especially when gluing anything that is thicker than paper and not perfectly flat.)
- Add details with a black ballpoint pen.
|Three authentic Haitian collage cards — and my sample, made with leaves from my back yard
In my next post, I’ll show you an easy way to make hand-made envelopes to fit this, or any size card!