- 9“x12” burlap
- Blunt tapestry needle
- Ruler and pencil
- Yarn (variety of colors)
- White paper or card stock, 5–1/2″ x 8–1/2″
Embroider — to decorate cloth by sewing patterns on it with thread
1. Peel away a few strands of burlap from each edge to give you a solid rectangle with square corners.… and fringe!
2. Lay your ruler along each edge and draw an outline about an inch inside your fringe. Go over this line a few times if necessary to make it dark enough to see.
3. Cut a piece of yarn about 4 feet long and thread your needle, making a knot at one end.
6. Finally, use a variety of stitches and colors to complete your design. (If you can’t finish your project in one session, keep some yarn in your needle and weave it through your burlap to keep it from getting lost.)