- 4″ x 6″ foam sheet
- 12″ foil tape
- ball point pen (medium point)
- hole punch
- Sharpies (F) in a variety of colors
- yarn for hanging
(note: You may want to prep steps 1-4 for younger children.)
1. Cut your foil tape into two pieces, one 5″ long and the other 7″ long.
2. Center your 7″ piece lengthwise on your foam sheet, wrapping the ends under and sticking them to the back. (It’s not easy to reposition the tape without crinkling it, so try to get it in the right place on your first try!)
3. Now lay the 5″ piece across the first piece, about an inch from the top. Wrap the ends under and stick them to the back.
4. Cut away the foam sections that the tape doesn’t cover. (Save these pieces and cover them with foil tape to make beautiful pendants!)
5. Next, “draw” a design onto your cross using a ball point pen. If you use a medium point pen, it shouldn’t tear the foil, and the ink doesn’t usually stick to it, so it should just leave a nice impression.
6. Punch a hole at the top and thread with yarn for hanging.
Optional: You can color your design with permanent markers for bright, vivid colors!