To Make an Envelope:
1. Lay your card diagonally on a square of paper that is a little larger than your card on each side. (If you make your card from an 8 1/2” x 11” or 9” x 12” paper folded in half, then a 12” x 12” square will work perfectly for the envelope.)
2. Fold each side up over the card, beginning with one of the shorter sides and ending with one of the longer sides. If you lightly “score” your envelope (with your fingernail or a paper clip) along the edges of the card it will make it easier to fold.
3. Remove the card and unfold your envelope. Cut away the triangles where the fold lines cross. You can round all the corners with scissors if you want.
4. Now fold the bottom up and glue the sides to it.
5. To finish, put your card back inside and glue the top down or seal it closed with a sticker.
To Make a Liner for your Envelope:
1. Measure the width of your envelope, and subtract 1/4 inch. For the length, open up the flap of the envelope, and measure from the bottom edge to about ¾” below the point. Cut your lining paper to this size. (To line an envelope for a 6”x9” card, cut your liner paper to 8 ¾” x 10 ¼”.)
2. Next, slide the lining paper into the envelope, and fold the corners down about ¾” below the edge of your flap, to allow room for gluing. Crease well. Remove the lining paper and cut along the fold lines.
3. Insert the liner into your envelope, and fold it down along the flap fold. Place a piece of scrap paper between the liner flap and the body of the envelope to protect the envelope from glue. Finally, glue the back of the liner to the inside of the envelope flap.
4. Fold the envelope flap over the liner, and rub well. Lift flap and remove the scrap paper.