It’s easy to make your own Mexican paper marigolds!
- one sheet of orange tissue paper per flower
- one green chenille stem (pipe cleaner) per flower
1. Fold the long edge of your tissue paper in half, so that the short ends meet.
2. Fold it in half again, the same direction. You should have a long, skinny rectangle.
3. With one of the short ends facing you, accordion fold this rectangle into folds that are ½” to 1” wide.
4. Next, twist a pipe cleaner around the middle of your folded accordion, twisting the ends into a stem.
5. Cut about ¼” off each end, then cut a “V” shape into each of the ends.
6. Pull out your accordion so that it forms a circle.
7. Carefully pull up the first layer of tissue paper as far up as it will go, all around the circle.
8. Repeat with each layer until your flower is fluffy and full.